Our service philosophy is simple: We treat you the way we'd want to be treated. We know how traumatic it can be to have a fine component out of your system. We engineer BAT products to be rugged and reliable. So if a problem ever does develop, we can afford to do whatever it takes to have you listening again in the shortest possible time.
We ask that you first contact your dealer if your BAT component needs service. Minor problems can often be resolved at the dealer, avoiding further delay. If you are no longer near a dealer, contact us via e-mail or our toll-free number. In this case, or if the problem is outside the scope of dealer support, we will make the repair at the factory. Units received at the factory for repair are given priority over new production.
To date the average time for a component needing factory repair to be out of its purchaser's system is 7 days, and the longest has been 15 days.
In short, we want to keep you enjoying the magic of music with Balanced Audio Technology.
Five Year Limited Warranty
Terms and Conditions
1. Limited Warranty Upon receipt of the attached warranty registration form, Balanced Audio Technology warrants the purchased product to be free from manufacturing, materials, and workmanship defects for five years from date of original purchase, except for items noted in (2), subject to the following conditions. Failure to return the enclosed registration form within 30 days from original purchase will result in a warranty period of one year from the date of manufacture.
2. Warranty Exceptions
- Vacuum Tubes - vacuum tubes (including replacements under warranty) are covered for one year from the date of the original purchase.
- Power Tubes - the 6C33-B (including replacements under warranty) is covered for 90 days from the date of the original purchase.
- CD transport - The transport mechanism is covered for one year from the date of the original purchase.
3. Limited to Original Purchaser This warranty is for the sole benefit of the original purchaser of the covered product, and may not be transferred to a subsequent purchaser of the product.
4. Conditions and Limitations This warranty is subject to certain conditions and limitations, as follows. This warranty is void and inapplicable if the product has not been used in accordance with the instructions found elsewhere in this manual, or if it has been misused or abused, damaged by accident or neglect, or in transport once in possession of the purchaser. The warranty is also void if the product has been repaired, modified, or tampered with by anyone other than Balanced Audio Technology or its specifically authorized agents.
5. Remedy If this product contains a materials, manufacturing, or workmanship defect that cannot be repaired at the dealership where the product was purchased, it must be packed in original packaging and returned to Balanced Audio Technology via insured freight, at the owners expense. If replacement packaging materials are required, they will be supplied by the factory at a nominal charge. Returned products must be accompanied by a written description of the defect, and a return authorization number (available from the factory via phone or fax).Upon receipt of defective product, Balanced Audio Technology agrees to repair the product without charge for parts (except vacuum tubes if the unit is more than one year old), or labor. The product will then be returned via prepaid, insured freight, with carrier at the sole determination of Balanced Audio Technology. This constitutes the purchasers sole remedy.
6. Design Changes Balanced Audio Technology reserves the right to modify its products or change specifications at any time without obligation or liability to previous purchasers.
7. Miscellaneous Any implied warranties relating to the above product shall be limited to the duration of this warranty. This warranty does not extend to any incidental or consequential costs or damages to the purchaser. This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may also have other rights which vary from state to state.